Probably not but their owners have definitely embraced it...
Clients of veterinarians and animal hospitals are relying on online channels and social media to connect with your practice. The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) released some interesting statistics on this topic in a recent article :
- 38% of all pet owners go online for pet-specific information
- More than 62% of American homes own pets, 38.2 million cats and 45.6 dogs
- Of that 62% that own, more than 59% are using social media
- 256,000…that’s the average number of all online conversations per month in relation to pets and veterinarians
- 27% of pet owners have YouTube accounts for their dogs, and 14% have Facebook profiles for their canine companions
- 55% of pet parents who infrequently visit the vet use the Internet to address pet health issues
- 31% of cat owners are more likely to be engaged on social networking sites than the average U.S. adult; dog owners are 15% more likely
I have some ideas on using social media, content marketing, mobile ready blogs, and remarketing display advertising that can keep your practice lively. Let's talk about dogs and cats!