Web Presence and Social Media Management for Assisted Living Facilities [Article] | ReachLocal Boston | marketing-online-advertising.com
Social media use among seniors has almost doubled. (Similar growth has been experienced by the next generation of sons/daughters who will most likely select the living situation for their parents.) Here are some recent statistics from The Pew Internet & American Life Project regarding social networking usage for seniors (2009-2010):
- Increased 88% among users aged 55-64
- 65 and older group’s presence increased 100%
- Users aged 50 and older increased usage from 22% to 42%
- 47% of 50-64 year-old users indicate they use social media
- 26% of those over 65 indicated they use social media
If you manage an assisted living facility, homecare, skilled nursing, or any type of organization that caters to senior citizens, please contact me. I would be happy to discuss some of the latest ideas in reaching the elderly population online.